This Graziani Family Recipe for Spaghetti Amatriciana with Genuine Fulvi® Pecorino Romano Cheese is Guaranteed to Make your Tummy Rumble With Joy!
But, before we get into the full recipe, let us excite your taste buds a little by sharing a bit about this amazing cheese made by Forever Cheese (in their own words from their website)...
"This tangy, hard cheese is made from 100% sheep’s milk harvested in the countryside of Rome and produced nearby in our plant. Aged 10 months to 1 year and coated in black wax as per tradition, Fulvi® is never as hard or dry as a Pecorino Romano made in Sardinia. The richness of the whole milk produces a cheese that is less salty, thus allowing you to enjoy the rich flavor of the cheese. In Italy we eat this cheese; we do not just grate it. It grates larger so that it does not disappear in food, rather it creates a hearty flavor while enabling you to use less cheese. We, as the producers, guarantee the very best in quality."
Mana is proud to carry products made by Forever Cheese, and are excited for you to enjoy the Pecorino Romano Cheese in the following recipe!
And, now, on to the recipe...
- 400 grams of Spaghetti Pasta
- 75 grams of Genuine Fulvi® Pecorino Romano DOP by Forever Cheese
- 1 Red hot chili pepper (type of your choice, we recommend cayenne pepper)
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of white table wine
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 100 grams of bacon or chopped prosciutto
- 35 grams of crushed canned tomatoes
** all of the above ingredients can be found at Mana Foods!**
**photo from Forever Cheese's Website**
- To prepare the Spaghetti Amatriciana first dice or cut the bacon into strips
- Heat the olive oil, chopped bacon and chili pepper until the bacon is brown
- As soon as the fat of the bacon becomes transparent, add the white wine and cook until the wine evaporates
- Once the wine has evaporated, drain and remove the bacon from the pan and set aside, covered to keep it warm
- Add the tomatoes to the pan that the bacon was cooked in so that they can cook in the remaining fat from the bacon
- Cook the tomatoes until they're tender and juicy
- Cook the spaghetti, al dente (or to your liking)
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and mix all of the ingredients together, stir well and sauté for a minute to blend everything together
- Grind desired amount of black pepper over your Spaghetti Amatriciana
- Finally, sprinkle plenty of Genuine Fulvi® Pecorino Romano DOP cheese on your final masterpiece!