1 box of thin spaghetti
3 cups of arugula
2 tablespoons of packed parsley
1/4 cup of walnut halves
1/4 cup of grated Pecorino cheese
2 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1/4 cup of boiled potatoes
5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic
Pecorino cheese cut into sticks
Arugula leaves to taste
Salt to taste
Start By Cooking The Pasta...
- Cook pasta in a large pot of slightly salted boiling water, until al dente
- Once pasta is finished cooking, drain the water and set the pasta aside (keep warm by covering)
While Pasta Is Cooking Prep and Cook The Ingredients & Sauce...
- Clean the arugula and peel the garlic (save some arugula to add to the pasta at the end of the process)
- Process the arugula and garlic in a blender with the walnuts, parsley and boiled potatoes
- Make sure to use short pulses with the blender so that the pesto doesn't heat up
- With the blender motor running, add the grated Pecorino and Parmigiano cheese, and the olive oil in a stream (save the Pecorino sticksto add to the pasta at the end of the process)
- Season pesto in the blender with salt and continue processing until the sauce is smooth
- Add the pesto sauce, Pecorino sticks, arugula leaves, and walnut halves to the spaghetti
- Serve and Enjoy!